Our goals are simple: Be great at what we do and exceed expectations.
Tangent Design Group, Inc. is a boutique product development consultancy in Chicago. Working collectively to utilize each of our creative talents and expertise, we bring a unique perspective to developing world-class solutions for our clients. Our diverse range of business includes Marine, RV, Agriculture OEMs, Automotive Aftermarket and Suppliers, Consumer Product Corporations, as well as Business-to-Business Industrial Material Handling Manufacturers.
This remote permanent contract 3D Modeler role has the opportunity to contribute to every product development phase. While Alias surfacing will comprise a large portion of the position through iterating and refining 3D models, duties will also include developing design strategy, real time sketching, and presentations with clients.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Alias
- BS, BA or MA in Industrial Design or strongly related field
- 2 – 3+ years’ experience in Industrial Design with a portfolio that demonstrates design dexterity
- Strong core design skills in sketching, ideation, 2D/3D rendering, form and surface development
- Self-motivated with proven teamwork success, as well as the ability to work on multiple types of projects
- Effective communication skills to include in-person, virtual, and phone interaction with clients and staff
- Transportation Design experience preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process, Autodesk VRED, or Solidworks a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive rate based on experience/skills
- A casual non-corporate environment
Please submit resume and a PDF portfolio that showcases your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
Tangent Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.