Our goals are simple: Be great at what we do and exceed expectations.
Tangent Design Group, Inc. is a boutique product development consultancy in Chicago. Working collectively to utilize each of our creative talents and expertise, we bring a unique perspective to developing world-class solutions for our clients. Our diverse range of business includes Marine, RV, Agriculture OEMs, Automotive Aftermarket and Suppliers, Consumer Product Corporations, as well as Business-to-Business Industrial Material Handling Manufacturers.
This 3-Month Contract-to-Hire role utilizes practical, creative design experiences to engineer functional, effective, and aesthetically pleasing products and experiences that help our clients redefine and reinvent their industries. Contribute to every product development phase: iterating and refining 3D models, developing design strategy, real time sketching, and presentations with clients.
- BS, BA or MA in Industrial Design or strongly related field
- 2 – 3+ years experience in Industrial Design with a portfolio that demonstrates design dexterity
- Strong core design skills in sketching, ideation, 2D/3D rendering, form and surface development
- Proficiency in Autodesk Alias
- Self-motivated with proven teamwork success, as well as the ability to work on multiple types of projects
- Transportation Design experience preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive rate based on experience and skills. After hire, benefits to include casual non-corporate work environment, paid holidays, PTO, company health, dental and vision plans, as well as 401(k) retirement plan.
Please submit resume and a PDF portfolio that showcases your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
Tangent Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.