Our goals are simple: Be great at what we do and exceed expectations.
Tangent Design Group, Inc. is a boutique product development consultancy in Chicago. Working collectively to utilize each of our creative talents and expertise, we bring a unique perspective to developing world-class solutions for our clients. Our diverse range of business includes Marine, RV, Agriculture OEMs, Automotive Aftermarket and Suppliers, Consumer Product Corporations, as well as Business-to-Business Industrial Material Handling Manufacturers.
This role will function as an integral part of our product development team and liaison with our customers’ engineering departments and suppliers. Duties will include management and coordination of criteria data, mechanical & electrical engineering (development and packaging of structures, mechanisms, hardware, fasteners, electronic equipment, switches, harnesses), BOM development, DFMEA, DFM/DFA, engineering drawings, GD&T and presentations with our clients.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant product development experience in automotive, commercial truck, RV or Marine
- 5+ years’ SolidWorks experience
- Strong core skills in Office 365 tools (excel, word, powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of DFMEA, DFM/DFA, GD&T a plus
- Electrical Engineering experience a plus
- FEA experience a plus
- Self-motivated with proven teamwork success, and ability to work on multiple types of projects
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive rate based on experience/skills
- Benefits to include paid holidays, PTO, company health, dental and vision plans, as well as 401(k) retirement plan
- A casual non-corporate environment
Please submit resume and a PDF portfolio that showcases your experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tangent Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.